The Home Brew Festival CIC is a Community Interest Company created to promote and organise an annual festival for and by home brewers. The festival is an opportunity to participate in high quality and varied home brew related lectures and demonstrations. In addition we also promote and organise a home brew competition judged by internationally recognised judges.
The Home Brew Festival CIC is open to members and non-members to participate in the activities organised by the organisation.
- Membership is open to all persons over the age of 18 years.
- Membership shall be in accordance with the Articles and you will become members of the Company.
- Membership will be subject to approved by the Directors.
- Every person who wishes to become a member needs to register on the website thehomebrewfestival.co.uk and complete all the required information.
- This includes full name, postal address and email address.
- The applicant will be required to set up an account username and password.
- The Directors may refuse an application for membership if they believe that it is in the best interests of the company for them to do so.
- The Directors shall, if they decide to refuse an application for membership, give the applicant their reasons for doing so, within 21 days of the decision being taken, and give the applicant the opportunity to appeal against the refusal; and;
- The Directors shall give fair consideration to any such appeal, and shall inform the applicant of their decision, but any decision to confirm refusal of the application for membership shall be final.
- Membership is not transferable to anyone else.
- The company may require members to pay membership fees.
- Such fees will be decided upon by the Directors on an annual basis and communicated to the members.
- Currently this is set at £10.00 per annum.
- Membership lasts for 12 calendar months from the date the subscription was paid, and will be changed to non- registered membership if not renewed within 14 months.
Termination of Membership
Membership is terminated if:
- the member dies or ceases to exist;
- otherwise in accordance with the Articles; or
- in accordance with the Articles, the Directors decide that continued membership is harmful to, or is likely to become harmful to, the interests of the Company.
- A member fails to pay any required membership fee by the required date set by the Directors.
The liability of each member is limited to £1, being the amount that each member undertakes to contribute to the assets of the Company in the event of its being wound up while he or she is a member or within one year after he or she ceases to be a member.
- Non-Members will be permitted to attend any function or activity, or enter any competition.
- Non-Members will agree to abide by and be subject to all the rules relating to that function or activity or competition.
- Non-Members may be asked to pay any or all requested entrance or booking fees in order to attend any function or activity or enter any competition.
- Attendance at any function or activity or competition does not confer on that person any membership rights in relation to The Home Brew Festival CIC.